The North American Institute carries out a Language Audit based on the chart.
This language audit:
- Assesses current language skills
- Identifies training needs
- Establishes targets for staff in different divisions or sectors. The North American Institute will then design a solution, or series of solutions, to meet your training needs and requirements. Programs will vary according to the target language, the current level of the participants, the time available for training and the urgency of the requirement.
The North American Institute will monitor the program and report regularly to the client’s training department on progress and attendance. This enables the client to evaluate the success of the training and to decide how to continue most effectively to achieve the agreed upon objectives.
Individual Training and Private Classes
The North American Institute Business Track Programs are one-to-one courses designed to ensure that your learning is as effective as possible. They can be taken in full weeks, as a series of separate training days or as training sessions to fit around your work schedule.
As the courses are individual, the programs are designed to meet the training requirements of each participant, taking into account such practical areas as:
- Your current language level
- Your experience of language learning
- How you will be using the language: meetings, presentations, emailing, socializing, business travel, leisure travel, etc
- Reading reports or taking minutes or whether you need specific technical vocabulary in your work
The Training Process
Preparing to Learn
The first steps to effective learning are:
- Detailed training needs analysis
- Diagnostic assessment based on The North American Institute’s methodology
- Individual Course Profile identifying key objectives
- Tailored pre-course task
The North American Institute Business Track Course is carefully planned and taught by a team of experienced trainers and will typically contain:
- Practical and effective communication skills – speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Introduction and application of grammatical structures
- Appropriate professional vocabulary and accurate pronunciation
- Role-play practice in relevant business and social situations
- Integrated Personal Study to develop independent learning skills
- Development of a Personal Learning Plan for continued study. Throughout the course there are regular progress checks and feedback to ensure the program is on target and meets your individual specifications.
Continuing to Learn
You will finish with a Progress Review to assess what you have accomplished and plan the best way to extend your skills. You will also receive a Post-Course Task to help you consolidate and develop what you have learned.
Benefits of an Individual Business Track Program:
- Maximizes the return on time and money invested in language learning
- Shows tangible progress in communicative competence in a short period of time
- Provides effective personal strategies for language learning
- Enables busy people to make time for quality training when planning their schedules